AC Replacement In Roy, Clinton, Layton, Syracuse, UT, and Surrounding Areas
Is summer fast approaching and your air conditioner is on the fritz? Or are your electric bills climbing and you’re looking to make your wallet more comfortable? Perhaps you’re looking to upgrade your AC system. Here at Luna Heating and Air Conditioning, we’re ready to jump into action and help you with your air conditioner replacement needs if you live in the Weber, Davis, or Salt Lake County area.
Why Replace A New Air Conditioner?
- Improved energy efficiency. Units over 15 years old often suffer from decreased energy efficiency, and buying a new unit can dramatically cut down your energy bill. You’ll want to find a unit with a seasonal energy-efficiency rating (SEER) of 15 or greater.
- Coolant leaks. Cooling leaks are costly to fix, up to $1,000, and it is often better to replace the unit.
- A Faulty Compressor. Compressors often fail when refrigerant leaks occur, and this cost can match that of a new, lower-end unit.
- Age. Air conditioners usually have a lifespan of around 15 years. Once they are over a decade old, constant repairs and issues become an issue.
What kinds of AC units are available today?
- Central Air Conditioners. These are the most common units, and they circulate air through your home and back to the unit. They also help to dehumidify the air. Central AC units make use of a thermostat that can be programmable, leading to an improvement in energy efficiency.
- Ductless, Mini-Split AC Units. As the name suggests, no ducts are required for these units. These units are located outside your home or business and have the added benefit of cooling an entire building or only one room.
- Heat Pumps. These units both heat and cool your home. They work by bringing in heat from outside to warm your home or by pumping the heat outside to cool your home.
If you have further questions on whether you should repair or replace your existing AC unit, be sure to contact us. Our friendly professionals are here to help.