An air conditioner must run smoothly and efficiently. For that to happen, it needs to be tuned up regularly. Therefore, having an HVAC contractor perform these repairs, maintenance, installations, and replacements is important. Our technicians performing furnace installation in Layton can help you decide the best preventive maintenance plans according to your needs.
How often should you service your AC?
- Our HVAC experts recommend performing a full furnace service every 12 months. Contact Luna Heating & Air Conditioning for furnace repair in Ogden. In the months leading up to the change of seasons, many people have their HVACs serviced professionally.
- The time is right to service your HVAC unit, so it is ready to go for the season. Service reverse-cycle HVAC systems twice a year for proper heating and cooling performance.
- Your usage also determines HVAC servicing; if you use it constantly, you may need more than 1-2 visits annually.
- It is important to discuss your HVAC consumption with an experienced technician before getting it tuned up.
Why should you service your AC?
Nowadays that you know how often you should maintain your HVAC, here are two major reasons why you should do so every year:
- Reduce your cooling costs
A regular HVAC tune-up can help you save up to 30% on cooling costs by improving the efficiency of your system. You should perform a system tune-up yearly to catch minor problems before they become expensive.
- Reduce your repair expenses
There is a need for routine maintenance on HVAC systems. If you do not perform your HVAC maintenance, you might face many repairs later. Contact Luna Heating & Air Conditioning for the most reliable HVAC contractors in Ogden, Utah and the surrounding areas.
What is the best time to have your air conditioning inspected?
Spring is the best time to schedule an inspection for furnace tune-ups. More HVAC technicians will be available at that time of year than during the more active months of fall and winter. Frost may occur every fall, but keeping the family warm during the freezing season is still necessary.
A furnace, gas heating system, or boiler, common in such areas, needs an annual service and repair. Doing so can ensure that your heater is in good working order and ready to be used again.
For air conditioners, service should be performed in the spring, without a doubt. This time of year is more affordable, and the technicians aren’t as swamped as they are during the summertime. A well-maintained, sound air conditioner can save you up to 25% over a poorly maintained one.
When evaluating your HVAC unit, you’ll notice that some tasks can be completed by you, while others will require the help of a professional. Contact Luna Heating & Air Conditioning if you need such professional services so our licensed team can assist you anytime. We can help you schedule a tune-up if you’ve been delayed or need an HVAC repair immediately. Contact us today.