An average air conditioning system lasts only 10 to 15 years, and replacing one can be very expensive. Paying for AC repair is also very costly, especially if there is a severe malfunction or excessive wear and tear. You can avoid all this with the help of a dependable service provider for air conditioning repair in Ogden, UT.
Steps to make your AC system last longer.
- Plan AC tune-up appointments
The most efficient way to extend the lifespan of your air conditioner is through preventive maintenance. Get it cleaned, inspected, and serviced by professionals to avoid minor problems developing into larger ones in the future.
Make an appointment for routine maintenance with an AC expert from a trusted air conditioning repair in Ogden, UT. They are not only aware of potential problems to watch out for, but they can also carry out quick repairs when necessary.
- Keep the AC cool and protected.
Keep outdoor and indoor units out of the sun and away from other heat-generating devices. Use thick window coverings indoors, and place the outdoor unit behind a tree or awning that provides shade.
To prevent twigs and leaves from getting stuck in the fan, you must install them at a safe distance. Keep the area around the unit free of weeds, grass clippings, and loose dirt. You can also get it cleaned by an air cleaner in Ogden.
- Remove obstacles to airflow.
- In addition to clearing the area around the condenser, ensure that the airflow inside is not compromised. Keep the area surrounding cooling vents and return inlets free of obstructions, and vacuum any accumulated dust around dampers.
Make sure that no furniture or drapes obstruct the passage of air between rooms. The air conditioner doesn’t have to work against pressure imbalances if the cooled air can circulate freely throughout the home.
- Make sure AC is debris-free and clean.
- Your air conditioner operates more effectively when it’s clean and well-maintained, just like any other appliance in your house. Follow the manufacturer’s instructions for seasonal cleaning, and keep mud, grass clippings, and other debris away from the outside unit.
The indoor coils should be regularly cleaned by an expert air cleaner in Ogden to increase performance. Additionally, look for water accumulating in the drain lines.
- Replace air filters
- The HVAC technician will check and replace the filters during routine air conditioner maintenance, but you might need to do this more frequently, depending on how much you use your AC.
- If you live in a dry or dusty environment or your home has poor air quality, you should change them more frequently since you might block them with dust, pollen, or pet dander.
Choose the best technicians for AC services.
You know that an air conditioner might easily be overworked, especially during the long, hot summers. You can ensure that your cooling system keeps you cool for many years, even if you use it for most of the year.
Luna Heating and Air Conditioning provide excellent AC services so that you stay comfortable all through the summer. We also provide services for ductwork installation in Layton, UT. For quality AC services from highly professional AC technicians, contact us now.